Germany has become one of the latest ideal destinations for immigrants from India and other Asian countries. The lucrative job opportunities offered by the German employer attracts lakhs of candidates every year to migrate to Germany under job seeker or employment visa. Staying in abroad, away from your family can be stressful at times especially for those who are married. Hence the Spouse visa Germany was initiated by German embassy which allows the spouse and children from India to visit their German spouse or a parent working in Germany.
The spouse visa Germany is often referred as a family reunion visa in which the spouse living in India can apply for a family reunion (spouse visa Germany) from the German consulate in India as per his/her jurisdiction. It takes approximately 2 to 3 months for the visa to be approved by the German embassy from the date of your visa interview.
The major advantage of Family reunion (spouse visa) or Spouse visa Germany over a regular Schengen visa (tourist visa for Germany) is the duration of your stay in Germany. The tourist visa is granted for a maximum time period of 3 months while the family reunion visa can be granted for more than a year as it comes under the German national visa category.
In order to apply for family reunion visa successfully, you need to make sure that you follow the German embassy spouse visa checklist properly. All the documents need to be prepared as per the checklist as any missing document can lead to visa rejection.
You can watch our video on Spouse Visa for Germany to know more about eligibility criteria & complete visa process for application to spouse visa in Germany & also information related to the documents required for a spouse visa in Germany.
There are few special arrangements needs to be done by the spouse living in Germany such as a certificate of residence before the spouse living in India can apply for family reunion visa. We advise you to kindly go through the checklist mentioned below thoroughly
Document checklist for Spouse Visa Germany or Family Reunion Visa for Germany:
Since processing your application may take some time so here we recommend you to collect all the given documents well in advance. Failure to do so may result in visa rejection.
- Valid Passport
2. Application form, declarations form and contact information form duly filled signed
3. Personal covering letter explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay.
4. Copy of all pages of your spouse’s passport (A4 size copy)
5. Certificate of residence (“Meldebescheinigung”) of the spouse living in Germany, not older than 6 months
6. Copy of spouse’s residence permit (“Aufenthaltstitel”), if applicable
7. Proof of marriage
8. Birth certificate of the applicant
9. School certificate along with 10th & 12th mark sheets
10. Proof of Residence in India: Aadhaar Card or Ration card of the applicant covering the past 4 years or Voter’s ID
11. Divorce judgement and decree of all former marriages of both spouses, if applicable, German divorce judgement with “Rechtskraftvermerk”, which confirms that the judgment is final
12. Academic degree certificate, if applicable
13. Proof of German knowledge (A1 level) issued from Maxmuller Bhawan.
14. Only if the spouse is an EU citizen (except German citizen): a copy of the valid employment contract and salary slips of the last three months of the spouse living in Germany
15. Only if the spouse is an EU citizen (except German citizen): a copy of the lease agreement for accommodation in Germany
16. 4 passport pictures, not older than 6 months
17. Fee for verification of documents, unless all documents have been verified before. The verification procedure will be initiated and carried out by the Embassy or the locally competent Consulate. The process of verification takes between 8 to 12 weeks. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa will be granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview will delay your application and may result in the rejection of your application.
Rcare Overseas education helps students apply to more than 400+ Government universities with low tuition fees in Europe. We also provide complete assistance in application documents preparations including Statement of purpose/motivation letter, curriculum vitae (with respect to university guidelines) ,profile evaluation to ensure 100% admission guarantee from European universities.We also provide assistance in student or family reunion visa for Germany. Contact us to get any such services.